Hi, it’s Susie Dentinfang. As you all know by now, I’m the word expert on the Greenygrey and Countdown to the Full Moon.
Greenygrey Expanding Language
As greenygrey is still a homeless word, I thought we should start building extensions around it, to show how flexible and useful it can be.
As the Phonics on the Web site explains, greenygrey is a type of root word: the basic meaning. And the root word can be added to by prefixes (before) and suffixes (after) which change the meaning of the root word. Here are some examples of how greenygrey can be added to, starting with prefixes.
I think the prefixes that work best with greenygrey are pre, un, re and de:
- pregreenygrey: There is thought to be a time pregreenygrey.
- ungreenygrey: That scene of clear skies is not at all greenygrey.
- regreenygrey: I will become more interested in greenygrey again.
- degreenygrey: We should do away with greenygrey.
I think the suffixes that work best with greenygrey are er, esque/ish, ly and ness:
- greenygreyer: It is more greenygrey now.
- greenygreyesque/ish: It is kind of greenygrey, but not quite.
- greenygreyly: I was doing two things at the same time etc.
- greenygreyness: That forestry road image is full of greenygreyness.