Hi, it’s Martin ‘Werewolfie’ Adams, sports correspondent at the Greenygrey. With Max Cliffwolf on leave for personal reasons, I have been given the fun and prestigious position of temporary comedy-satire sports marketing guru @ Greenygrey. I started the campaign off in Spain this year, which hasn’t had much time for greenygrey, what with its yellowyblue landscape and yellowyred flag.
Barcelona Marathon goes Greenygrey
To begin my cunningly clever campaign I brought out our very own Yellowstone geyser geezer, Old Faithful, Marc Latham. Kitting him out in greenygrey, I sent him off on a 26.2mile/42km jog around Barcelona for their marathon 2013.
While Marc didn’t hit the headlines, or finish in his fastest time, putting a positive spin on it he did run for the longest amount of time in his career, finishing in 4 hours, 27 minutes and 50 seconds.
Barcelona 2013 became the fourth in Marc’s post-first-marathon-in-2004 ambition to run a marathon every three years until he’s 50 in 2016. So, one more marathon to go, all being well in three years.
There are photos of Marc Latham running in the Barcelona Marathon 2013 available at Marathon Photos and a video at MySports. Marc was number 9269. Here’s the first photo, of Marc crossing the line (he says he didn’t feel as tired and slow as he looked in some of the photos and videos!):
I’d like to thank Jennifer over at the step-on-a-crack blog for nominating this blog for a Creative Chaos award. There are a few tasks involved:
1. You must tell 3 completely weird things about your habits. If you claim to have no weird habits, you’re lying and we’ll have to send an investigative team for further analysis.
2. You must tell why you look at the “glass half full” scenario and ask “what? No coffee?”
3. Complete one the following essay questions: A. You find yourself in a desolate place when your car breaks down. You have no cellphone service, no Walmart (I know, GASP, right?), and only a candy bar for food. It is 150 miles to the closest town. What color are your pants and why? B. You find yourself having to ride an elevator quite frequently. How do you pass the time to show off your creativity?
4. Then you are to nominate 5 random people.
5. Make sure to show proper gratitude to the person who nominated you whether that is to shower them with gifts, prizes, and cash or to see that they are put into a clown costume and photographed for internet mocking.
6. Make sure to post the award somewhere other than the underside of the toilet seat.
Here goes on mine:
- I zigzag while running through trees hoping it’ll sharpen my body, mind and spirit. Awaken me.
- Sometimes I pretend I’m a wolf while running.
- I write as a vegetarian werewolf on the Greenygrey website.
I usually have a couple of big full mugs of strong coffee in the morning, and it helps lift off my writing day. So a glass half full of something else in the morning would make me worry “what? No coffee? Not ideal for a long morning of writing!”
Task 3: You find yourself in a desolate place when your car breaks down. You have no cellphone service, no Walmart, and only a candy bar for food. It is 150 miles to the closest town. What color are your pants and why?
They’re sandy, because I’m in the desert, and my pants can chameleonise.
My nominations are:
Tasks 5 and 6 have been completed with the writing of this blog, so that’s it. Thanks again to Jennifer, good luck to all the deserving nominees, and thanks for reading.