Thanks for your visits and responses to the Autumn/Fall leaves poem. I found a few leaves with those colours today. I think I remember seeing one with all the colours last week. Here’s a few photos of the leaves, assisted by my beloved partner, sun… and Earth and trees too of course!
Here’s a new Folding Mirror poem inspired by the changing season; going to the Rose Tattoo concert, listening to Nick Cave again, as Rose Tattoo vocalist, 71-years-old Angry Anderson, being so engrossed in the music reminded me of the end of Nick Cave’s 20,000 Days On Earth movie (embedded below: especially the last few words about his creative process), and how rock n’ roll should be; and posts on WordPress by those who’ve visited here and I’ve visited there in the last week.
Planetary Journey Around Star, Rings In The Changes
I could live
until summer’s return
hanging in air
moving with wind
within September leaf
riding its veins
with views of
green, yellow, red, brown
but its waving last goodbye, to its sun cloudy sky
blue, grey, white, orange
falling to ground
remembering budding by
sourcing photosynthesis light
spring was magical
everything was new
but winter’s cold
means colours fade
Here’s a couple of Rose Tattoo videos I recorded on my phone at the Newcastle o2 Academy on September 10th; 2018’s gYg of the year!
First two songs, One of the Boys and Juice on the Loose:
Bad Boy for Love:
The London gig tomorrow is now sold out. Y’all have a great one, and everybody else on the rest of the tour…
Tenth Great gYg Rock n’ Roll Hall of Famers Announced.
In a tradition second only to the Rock n’ Roll Hall of Fame in my mind, as that’s what provided the inspiration, this years additions to the coveted list are Rose Tattoo and Girlschool, who both played great sets at the Newcastle o2 Academy last night; three years after Newcastle’s Metro Arena was the venue for the gYg (greenYgrey version of gig) of the year.
If you want to watch two great professional bands playing classic rock and metal songs from the last forty years, they play Birmingham tonight and London on Thursday. Rose Tattoo return to the continent then for dates in Belgium, Netherlands and France, before more dates after returning to Oz.
The Hall of Fame list now has a new home after the greenYgrey left Earth at the end of Xaw Files: Beyond Humanity, and is updated below. Last year I also went to a great gig at the York Viking Festival headlined by Haerken.
- 2009: Lynyrd Skynyrd
- 2010: Guns N’ Roses and Skid Row
- 2011: Motley Crue, Def Leppard and Steel Panther
- 2012: W.A.S.P.
- 2013: Alice in Chains, Ghost and Walking Papers
- 2014: The Pretty Reckless, Heaven’s Basement and Nothing More
- 2015: Motley Crue, Alice Cooper and The One Hundred
- 2016: Black Sabbath, Rammstein, Saxon, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, The Wildhearts, Halestorm, The Temperance Movement, Kadavar, the Gutterdammerung band and movie, The Electric Wizard, Rival Sons, Sixx A.M., The Amorettes, The Men That Will Be Blamed For Nothing, Avatar, Monster Truck, Whiskey Myers, Grand Magus, Scorpion Child, Inglorious, Royal Republic, Santa Cruz, Deftones, Strange Bones, Graveyard, Tremonti and Gojira.
- 2017: Guns N’ Roses, The Kills and Tyler Bryant and the Shakedown
- 2018: Rose Tattoo and Girlschool